Overview/Fluctuations ~ Market Data Nov 2021:
What I call the Black Hole of the Holidays is upon us! Meaning- while it is an amazing time to buy a home, there is also shrinking inventory even from the low levels we already had. So… great time to buy- just fewer homes available from which to choose. All that said, when you look at previous years, you can see inventory always takes a dip this time of year as both Buyers and Sellers become distracted with all the trappings of the season. So…nothing out of the ordinary, except for how low supply has fallen. Right now if you’re selling, you can be sure that the Buyers who are looking at your home are savvy, serious, and probably a bit sappy : ) That means…get the cookies in the oven and play those old timey holiday tunes in the background!
Rates: “Rates are being pushed up a bit with continued inflation concerns. Right now they are at about 3.375%.” Gary Boyer, Regional VP, Directors Mortgage
According to the RMLS Market Action Report for the Portland Metro Area, Nov 2021:
- There were 2,229 New Listings in Nov 2021, down slightly at 0.4% from Nov 2020’s 2,238 and also down a whopping 31.0% from the previous month/Oct’s 3,232 (normal, seasonal stuff).
- At 2,832, Nov 2021’s Closed Sales are up 3.2% from Nov 2020’s 2,745, and dropped 9.5% from the previous month/Oct’s total of 3,129
- At 2,660, Oct 2021’s Pending Sales increased 4.0% from Nov 2020’s 2,557, and decreased 16.5% from the previous month/Oct’s total of 3,187.
- The Average Sale Price in Nov 2021 of $575,600 is up $54,400 from last year/Nov 2020’s $521,200, and nearly the same as the previous month/Oct’s $575,200.
- The “Median” Sale Price (the price smack dab in the middle of all sales) in Nov 2021 of $517,800 rose $60,800 from last year/Nov 2020’s $457,000, and was also up $1,800 from the previous month/Oct’s $516,000.