Overview/Fluctuations ~ Market Data:
We are seeing the effects of interest rate increases in the Portland market. Gresham, Milwaukie, Oregon City and Tigard are holding their own as competitive for Buyers. The rest of the areas of Portland saw Buyers putting their collective foot down as evidenced by the Average Sale Prices compared with the previous month. We call this stabilization, so it’s actually a good thing. Inventory is rising to almost 2020 levels at 1.4 months, but 2018 was 2.1 months inventory and 2019 was 2.4 months, so you can see we’ve got a way to go before we’re back to those levels. Rates: Right now I’m told rates for primary/owner-occupied are at around 6.1% with great credit, utilizing a discount point and putting 20% down.
According to the RMLS Market Action Report for the Portland Metro Area- June2022:
- There were 4,295 New Listings in June 2022, which was down only slightly from June 2021’s 4,298, and up 11.5% from the previous month/May’s 3,853.
- At 2,893 June 2022’s Closed Sales (Solds) are down 16.8% from June 2021’s 3,477, and down 0.8% from the previous month/May 2022’s total of 2,916
- At 2,563 June 2022’s Pending Sales (accepted Offers) are down 27.5% from June 2021’s 3,534, and also down 17.9% from the previous month/May 2022’s total of 3,122.
- The Average Sale Price in June 2022 of, $633,300 is up $36,200 from last year/June 2021’s $597,100, and down $16,300 from the previous month/May’s $649,600.
- The “Median” Sale Price (the price smack dab in the middle of all sales) in June 2022 of $570,000 rose from last year/June 2021’s $521,000 by $49,000, and is down $5,000 from the previous month’s $575,000.