Hello everybody! Its been a very busy few months here in real-estate-world, so I’ve been remiss in keeping up with my Blog posts etc. I’ve got the latest numbers that just came out a few days ago here for August, and have pasted my report for July below as well : )
Here is your look at the latest data covering the greater Portland area for August according to RMLS. Specific information on Neighborhoods is broken out below.
Overview/Fluctuations ~ Market Data Aug 2021: August is never a robust month in Portland, but things are moving right along. With the exception of some slight shuffling, we saw a pretty “no-drama” month in terms of pricing stability and sales compared to July. Market time remains only slightly different than July, at 23 days compared to July’s 20 days overall. New Listings dropped off for a bit as we’d expect, and Inventory rose slightly to a whopping 1-month’s supply (just a tad under last August).
Rates are hanging right at 3.0% as of today, but there is pressure on rates to move higher.
According to the RMLS Market Action Report for the Portland Metro Area, August 2021:
- There were 3,698 New Listings in Aug 2021 dropping 4.8% from Aug 2020’s 3,885 and 13.3% from the previous month/July’s 4,267.
- At 3,219, Aug 2021’s Closed Sales are up 2.2% from Aug 2020’s 3,149, and fell 6.4% from the previous month/July’s total of 3,439
- At 3,535, Aug 2021’s Pending Sales decreased 4.4% from Aug 2020’s 3,697, and are also up 5.4% from the previous month/July’s total of 3,354.
- The Average Sale Price in Aug 2021 of $583,600 is up $72,600 from last year/Aug 2020’s $511,000, and down $9,500. from the previous month/July’s $593,100.
- The “Median” Sale Price (the price smack dab in the middle of all sales) in Aug 2021 of $525,000 rose $76,000 from last year/Aug 2020’s $449,000, and also increased $3,000 from the previous month/July’s $522,000.